Thursday, December 14, 2006

Sigh of Relief

The end of the semester was a bit stressful as I attempted (successfully) to write a 30 page paper on Max Weber, Ernst Troeltsch, and Martin Luther, give a presentation on Identified Relgious Leaders and how to handle personal crisis, and write a 15 pager on my theological model of ministry. I must say it was a long couple weeks.

Well, the semester is now over! (sigh of relief) That means a bit more sleep, getting to the list of books that people have suggested I read, and enjoying the pleasures of Smallville: Season 5 on DVD. The Christmas music has begun to play on my iPod and over streaming radio. I am looking forward to the break ahead of me and enjoying the company I will have.

I have been so focused on my projects for the end of the semester that I feel like I have missed the coming of Advent. There are still a few weeks left to prepare for the coming of the Christ-child. These weeks go by so quickly, that it is so easy to get caught up in the immediate duties that HAVE to be done that I forget to pay attention to the great opportunities for growth that this time of year brings with it.

May you have a blessed Advent and a Holy Christmas,

Ben

No comments: