Monday, October 13, 2008

Come visit during the Seminary Sampler! 10/26-10/28

How did I get to where I am today? Specifically, how did I end up at LSTC?

Obviously there are many things in my life that have led me on this particular path. One of those things was attending a Seminary Sampler as I was starting to think about attending seminary.

The LSTC Seminary Sampler is a 3-day event held at LSTC for prospective students to come and get a "taste" of LSTC life. Prospective students visit classes, attend chapel, eat meals with LSTC students...the list goes on. It's a great time to experience the community of LSTC, while also continuing your own process of discernment. You may be asking yourself questions such as:

*Do I even WANT to go to seminary?
*What do I feel called to do?
*I know I want to go to seminary - but where?
*Would I like living in Chicago?
*What is seminary like?
*Do I want to go back to school?

These and many more are the types of questions that you will be able to explore by coming to a Seminary Sampler. When I came, I most appreciated meeting such a diverse group of people, both among the prospective students, and the current students...

*People come from various parts of the country and the world.
*We all have different interests: MDiv, MA, a dual degree with social work, etc...
*We are all different ages and have had such a variety of life experiences leading us to this point, regardless of our age.
*Among the prospective students, some have been aware of their call to seminary for years, while others of us had just started hearing a call. We were all in different places of personal discernment.

The next LSTC Seminary Sampler is coming soon - October 26-28, 2008. I encourage you to check out our website and consider visiting during this time, no matter where you are in the discernment process! You will be greeted with open arms by the LSTC community.

No comments: