Thursday, January 04, 2007

Becky's J-Term

Hey everyone! I have just arrived in Geneva, Switzerland for an almost 3 week long J-Term class. It's called "Ecumenism in a Globalized World." I plan to update this blog regularly with my adventures, and hopefully some pictures too!

Well, my roomie and I are safely in Geneva, Switzerland after a mostly smooth ride. Well, ok, we DID miss our connecting flight from Zurich to Geneva...but we got on the next one immediately after, and our luggage even made it too. Bizarre thing though - we had to go through security again at the Zurich airport...so they took my water that I saved from the earlier flight. Weird.

There was supposed to be someone picking us up at the airport in Geneva but there was no one to be found (and it turns out they just forgot or something - it WASN'T because we missed the flight...which did I mention was not our fault? We sat on the runway in Chicago for almost an hour...). Anyway, we were adventurous and took a city bus to where we are staying...the John Knox Center. What little French I have left has come in very handy so far!!

So it's almost 5 pm here, but our bodies are telling us something much different. We are 7 hours ahead of the central time zone by the way. We are about to venture onto the city bus again and head into town for some din-din.

Peace!

No comments: